Wednesday, August 27, 2008

 

going to philly

Next week I get to fly to Philadelphia for a work thing. I am both excited about this and I am dreading this. I’m excited because I’ve never been to Philadelphia and I think I should visit the Liberty Bell before I die. Don’t you? But I dread this as well because I will be acting as a vendor. I am representing the institution which I often refer to as Hell Week. Now, as you know, I believe this was my miracle year. I believe God is giving me a new attitude about this week BUT, am I really prepared to test this new attitude so soon? Can I actually look a genie in the eye and say to him, come to the ham. Come to the institute? And, will I be able to say such things with a smile on my face and in a nonthreatening sort of way. These are good questions to ask. Ones that can only be answered with time.


Because I will be out of town all of next week, I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up some drugs… you know, the drugs that are costing me a fortune and make me a little mad at all men. Those drugs. Well, this is what I discovered last night…. As with Skivvies, I don’t like purchasing drugs from men. Well, let’s qualify that a bit. I don’t like purchasing drugs from young, good-looking, unmarried men. There were 3 of ‘em at the counter last night. As with the skivvies, I considered retreat. BUT, time is precious and I knew I’d need those drugs the day I came back so I lifted my chin in the air and requested them. (And of course, tried not to make eye contact). I think I would have been better with the good-looking men if they had been married because then they’d have personal experience with the sort of stuff their wives have to get- but they’re not married so of course I had to wonder… what are these men assuming about me… I wanted to say.” Hey, I didn’t ask for these ovaries!” God just gave ‘em to me. But, of course, I didn’t say that. I just took my drugs and left. Oh and here’s another thing. Why must pharmacists make you ask for the drug you need. Why can’t you say, “I need to get this filled.” Or “I need a refill.” My pharmacy always follows up my request with, “What is it?” I once followed that question up with “What are my options.” To which she responded, “Just the one.” So I said, “Well, I’ll take that then.” But was all that necessary? If you are willing to take my word on what drugs I need then I say get rid of your tracking device aka computer. See, that’s just one more instance where it is good I don’t control the world. I just hate having to ask for my drugs by name. Maybe that’s just me.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'm the same way! My pharmacy has cute, unmarried men also and sometimes I just want to explain the chemistry as to why I must take the drugs I take.

Like, I'm not crazy! Really!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]