Monday, August 18, 2008

 
Today was a day… One of those days when words, foreign words, come out of my mouth that shouldn't come out of my mouth. But you know, it's all turning out good. But, truck drivers should all be on their guard because I'm not happy with them at the moment. I was somewhat abused by one this morning as I was trying to park. An eighteen wheeler blocked me for 20 minutes on a street connecting the main road to the staff parking. Then when I finally got past the truck to find different parking I had to park in the furthest lot from my building. Now I can walk, I'm not always happy about it…. But, I think I would have handled it better if I hadn't been stuck for 20 minutes wasting time. And the sad thing is that I had come to campus early before a meeting in order to get stuff done. But, then I ended up being late. Aaargh…. See, the best-laid plans of mice, men and librarians do often go awry. My life proves it. It's difficult to accept what you life proves sometimes. Although, I think my life also proves that God is good… and as Rich would say… He has no taste. But those are different stories.


God is good though and here's a story to prove it… Although, Alabama is going through a drought… like much of the nation… we seem to be having thunderstorms every week. A couple of weeks ago during one of the storms, a tree limb fell in my yard. I told you, I'm a daddy's girl and as you know, my dad had open heart surgery several weeks ago. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I didn't ask my dad's advice because I didn't even want him to know about it. I tried to move it myself but I wasn't strong enough. I considered asking the fellas in my Sunday School class to help but I really didn't want to do that. What if no one responded? I think perhaps someone would have come through for me but I was going to let asking them be a last resort. I considered buying a chainsaw but then I had visions of cutting off a my own limbs. I casually mentioned my problem to God. But, I didn't actually ask for his help. None-the-less, He took care of it. Several days after the limb fell, I came home from work to find my grass cut and the limb gone. The divinity student who cares for my yard moved the limb for me. Woohoo. I totally didn't expect that because he really just takes care of the grass. I think God must have inspired him to move the limb. I am so grateful. It's good to know my heavenly Father has got my needs under control. That my concerns are His concerns. It's good to be cared for.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]