Wednesday, October 15, 2008

 

what are hips for?

I'm tired and my butt hurts. Do you know why my butt hurts... because apparently I can't avoid bumping into tables and cabinets and so I'm all bruised up. AND I'm not happy about it. And, my hips are bruised because every time I go to the stairwell at the library, I turn to my side stick my hip out and crash into the door. I think instinctly, I believe the door will open for me if I push it with my hip. It never does. Yet, I haven't learned that lesson yet. How many times must I run into a door before I learn to use a door knob. I've been running into those doors for at least 5 years. I sort of wonder if the Circulation desk doesn't all stop to watch me crash into the doors now. It must be a funny sight. Clearly, I don't use the stairs very often or I would have learned my lesson by now. The thing is, the stairwell doors look just like the bathroom doors. Those doors do open with the push of a hip and I tend to use the bathroom more than I use the stairs... so it's instinct. Maybe I should start using the stairs more often. But, they aren't conveniently located. The elevator is right across the hall from my office. The stairs are all the way at the other end of the hall. I'm impatient. I don't have time to waste... Still, I probably should be taking the stairs... That'd be good for my health and eventually good for my hips.

I think I'm about to leave my office early today... because I feel like I haven't seen the outside world in 3 days... and I think that is somewhat true. So... I'm out of here... to go run some errands and experience some fresh air. Nice!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]