Tuesday, November 4, 2008

 

God Bless America - I've been bribed. Kinda

Well, I just got in to work. And before I get going really good, I would like to take a moment to tell you about my morning.

First off... I went to my dentist to have my teeth cleaned. That didn't take as long as I had expected so I went to go vote. The crowds weren't to bad. I heard they were much worse earlier. Anyway, I was in and out in about 20 minutes... So, I put my "I voted" sticker on and drove down the road to Krispey Kreme where I was awarded a FREE Chocolate sprinkled donut. Then I drove down to Starbucks and got a FREE coffee.

After getting off work, I think I will go by Chic-fil-a and get a FREE sandwich for dinner. Then, I shall go by Ben & Jerry's for a FREE scoop of ice cream.

By then it should be about time for my Bible Study group to start, so I'll head that way and once again... stop by Starbucks and have myself another FREE coffee.

What a great country. God Bless America. I'm getting paid to vote. Sorta.

And in case you were wondering.... I voted no to all amendments this morning except for one. I feel a little guilty about that. I won't tell you which one I voted yes to... I only had read two of them.... didn't care to read the others... I've become a cog in the wheel for the 1901 Alabama State Constitution.... Am I now a bad person? I sent an email to the ACCR (not sure they would endorse my voting no to amendments) asking for a bumper sticker... the email address I used had a Buechner quote as a signature. "All moments are key moments and life itself is grace." That's my favorite of favorite quotes... I got a note back from this guy there that simply said, "I love Buechner." That totally made my day... maybe I should send them money. hmmm.

Comments:
Voting rocks! My kids were all worried about me today because I kept asking them if they voted but stopping them when they wanted to tell me who for. "It's not important to me, I just want to be sure of your participation." We need don't really need the Starbucks incentive, here. The dead even vote. Early and often.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]