Monday, November 17, 2008

 

Live in Concert - So Many Free Options

I don't know how I missed this website offered by NPR but I did. I've got soooo much catching up to do. Thank goodness they also offer it at iTunes. I'm in concert/podcast heaven! I'm so utterly happy right now. I knew about All Songs Considered. But, I did not know of Live in Concert from All Songs Considered. This is a very good day! If you didn't know about it and have crazy tastes in music, then check it out. I'm currently listening to Mr. Tom Waits because I'm oddly obsessed with him. Spunky reignited my obsession by making me a mix cd with several of his songs on there. I listened to "Cold Water" no less than 5 times on my way to work this morning. I am also oddly obsessed with Jack White so I'm excited to have the opportunity to listen to the Raconteurs' show too. Woohoo! But there's just sooo much there. I'm going to need to spend a lot of time alone listening to this stuff and gleaning musical knowledge. I guess there are times when it pays not to be socially in demand. Although, I do have quite the schedule laid out for me up through Christmas. I mostly have Purple to thank for that. Although, LM has also hooked me up with a Matthew Mayfield concert this week. As you know, I love him so I'm excited. Anyone else want to request my presence somewhere... Time is running out. But, rest assured I don't have much of a life. I depend on others to make one happen for me. And I appreciate it when they take up that challenge.

So, I thought I'd report that I didn't buy a Kindle. I felt I deserved some sort of fancy gadget. I'm not really a gadget girl; but, couldn't I perhaps become one? Plus, I was sooo excited about the possibility of still owning books but not taking up shelf space. But, after much consideration and watching many online reviews, I'm not sure the Kindle is the gadget for me. Perhaps when they update it, I will change my mind. In the end, the side buttons to flip pages seemed like they would annoy me. I can't spend $300 to be annoyed. I can get that much cheaper at home already. My other gadget consideration is the iPod Touch. Those commercials on television that feature different Apps are really working on me. However, I'm pretty sure I won't be getting one of those any time soo either. Maybe, I'm really not a future gadget girl after all. I'm a little saddened by that realization.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]