Wednesday, March 25, 2009

 

Blah, Blah, March. Blah.

So, raise your hand if you are not stressed. Is anyone not stressed? I have a plan about that. Let's blame March.

I've decided I hate March. I don't think March is a kind month. Sure, T.S. Elliot proclaimed the cruelest month to be April and sure he got a lot of critical acclaim for doing so but I think he was wrong.... except April is the month when I turn older and that is sort of harsh but outside of that... the cruelest month for me has to be March. I remember last March I was all in a funk too. I don't remember any Marches before that but based on this March and last March I'm prepared to claim March as the cruelest month. Who's with me? This year, I know my funk is related to job stress and possibly my ovaries. But, just the same I'm working on another theory. My theory is that it's the last month of winter and it's just dreary. Plus I think there should be some sort of Holiday to celebrate in March to give everyone a day off. Wait, didn't some folks just get a holiday? What was that? I know I didn't get it. Maybe that was Presidents Day? Was that recent it seems like it was but it also seems like that is in February. I believe that is in February. Have I been abducted by aliens? Have I lost time? Do I have a chip in my neck? Hmmm, I don't think so. Seriously, that seems like it was yesterday. Back to March... There's always pi day and the Ides of March but the Federal Government isn't willing to recognize them. Too bad. I guess there's March Madness for some folks. But, I personally don't get that excited about football... er, I mean basketball.

I just took two days off from work. It was delightful. I think I should plan to take days off in March from now on. I think I'll note it on my calendar for next year. I so needed that time off. The first couple of weeks of March I was darn cranky then last week I was freakishly tired.... I think I should have perhaps taken my time off earlier in the month, I think I'll make that note as well. Only apparently not everything is about me. I read The Purpose Driven Life. I've been told. Still I would like to have my way on everything. I'm pretty sure my coworkers would not care for that idea. I do appreciate my coworkers. I certainly couldn't be happy without my wonderful coworkers... Perhaps, I could just sort of run that little idea by them. Maybe I should fill them up with chocolate first. Yeah, that idea will never fly. It's probably best that it doesn't. Can you imagine a library that made people take personality tests before they entered the building. I think if I had my way, I would require that. I can't really bring myself to say that it's best not to require tests... but you can probably figure that out on your own right?

Only a few more days of March to go, may we all survive.

Comments:
Just a few more days! March is an awful month -- I think it has to do with the fact that we all want the sunshine, but March is being all bi-polar about being sunshine or not so much...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]