Friday, August 28, 2009

 

Music in My Life

If you know me, you know I love music. I have no talent for it; but, I love it. There are so many great concerts coming to town this fall and so many new albums coming out that I simply don’t think I can keep up. In fact, I know I can’t

I’ve already resigned myself that I will not be going to all the concerts. Even If I had friends to go with me to them all… I just don’t think I can pull it off. I just can’t be out that much. I need sleep. I need peace. I need quiet… this is who I’ve become. So I’ve got my concert goals… These include, Eric Peters and Bill Mallonee coming in a couple of weeks; Derek Webb towards the end of Sept, NeedToBreath in October, and MuteMath in early November. After that… I’ll be done. I’m also going to the Glory Reveled concert this Sunday… I sort of wish I could back out of that one… not because it won’t be good… but because I have to work on Saturday and I’m just whooped.

Saturday night the great Pierce Pettis is in town. I’ve made no plans to go see him. As you know, if you’ve been reading my blog for a while. I love Pierce. He is the author of one of my 5 all time favorite of favorite songs. He wrote God Believes in You. Such a good song. I’m a little sad I’ve no plans to see him. I wonder on Saturday if I’ll be plagued with regret. I think I will. Oh well, what can you do?

As I mentioned earlier a lot of great new albums are out as well…. I’ve bought none of them. As you know, I’m sort of a recovering hoarder so I’m trying to think twice about physical things that come into my house. BUT that doesn’t mean I can’t get them on my iPod. My new music needs include Pierce Pettis, Matthew Mayfield, Eric Peters, Mindy Smith, MuteMath, Derek Webb, Dave Matthews, Mitch McVicker and NeedtoBreath. Feel free to give me iTunes gift cards for Christmas… or Labor Day. In the mean time I would like to thank PASTE for having Mindy Smith’s new work streaming. Hoorah for them.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]