Tuesday, March 23, 2010

 

Dragons Exist, I Know.

Twice today, by two unrelated people........ Very Very unrelated.... I have been told this quote by G.K. Chesterton


"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist.
Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."

The first time was by Stephin Merritt when he was talking about Coraline the Musical

And the second time by Justin Taylor when he mentions Andrew Peterson's books in a blog post.

Should I take that as a sign? Am I going to be facing dragons? Am I going to have to kill a dragon... or do I just need to read more fairy tales.... Gosh, I hope it's the latter. I don't know that I want to be killing dragons. That sounds scary.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]